Information updated as of March 29th, 2018
St Patrick’s Baseball – 2018 Season Information
Opening Day is Saturday, April 7th,2018. We will begin at St Patrick’s Church for a quick service and proceed with a parade to the field.
Where: St Patricks Church, 9511 4th Ave
What: Blessing Service
The parade will start immediately following the blessing and begins in the church parking lot and proceeds to the St Pats field at 97th St and Shore Rd. We will have a short opening day ceremony followed by a game between 2 of the St Pats teams.
Clinic and Explorers (PreK-2nd grade) – We do not have a formal clinic or game on opening day (primarily due to the chaos of opening day, the parade, etc). The regular schedule for the program begins on the FOLLOWING Saturday (4/14).
3rd - 8th grade game schedules - Schedules will be released by April 3rd. All teams start the season the weekend of April 7th.
What to Expect Next:
- For 3rd thru 8th graders - The coaches will be reaching out sometime after March 29th to let you know what team your son / daughter is on this year and to inform you of the practice schedule.
- For Clinic and Explorers - The coaches will reach out by the end of March. There are no practices for clinic and explorers prior to opening day
- Uniform Hand Out - The coaches will have the uniforms by April 5th and will coordinate getting them to all of the players
- All players are encouraged to participate in the blessing and parade - details below
Spring Season In-House Information
PreK - 2nd Grade Registration
3rd - 8th Grade Registration
- All registrations due by 3/15 to avoid being wait-listed and not having a uniform for Opening Day
- Rosters assigned by 3/18 – Coaches will begin contacting players with team details, practices, etc
In addition to the spring in-house program, St Patrick's will be participating in more competitive travel baseball programs that play in the wider Brooklyn area such as Kiwanis and NY Travel. Some details:
- We begin with winter workouts in January
- Tryouts are mid-March. The dates of tryouts are tentitive depending on how the weather cooporates
- Travel baseball is played as a double-header on one day on the weekend
- Players are expected to play both in-house and travel - that means there can be up to 4 games a week (2 in-house and 2 travel) plus practice
- Our travel program accepts players from any other of the in-house programs
- There are 3 levels:
- 8U (7-8 year olds)
- 10U (9-10 year olds)
- 12U (11-12 year olds)
- The age is based on the child's age as of April 30th, 2018
- There is an additional cost over and above the Winter Clinic and in-house registration fees. Exact costs TBD as the season gets closer.
If you are interested you should:
- Sign up for one of the Winter Clinic Programs above
- Register for free for more information
Did you Know? You can add the schedule to your iPhone automatically by following these instructions