CYO DIOCESAN TRACK LEAGUE
2016 INDOOR SEASON FACT SHEET
Ragazzo Relays: Sunday, January 31, 2016. 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Diocesan Meet: Sunday, February 28, 2016. 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
CYO St. Anthony Classic: Saturday, March 19, 2016. 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM
All the meets are at St. Anthony's HS in Melville on Long Island, 287 Pidgeon Hill Road, Huntington Station, 11746. Check-in for all meets is one half hour prior to the above start times. First call for clerking of the first events will be 15 minutes prior to the above start times.
The first two meets will be point scoring. Points will be scored in each event (except peewee); 5 pts. for 1st down to 1 pt. for 5th. The Indoor League Champions will be determined by the combined scores from both meets with the presentation of team awards at the beginning of the third meet. The teams will be broken down into an East and West division for both meets and trophies for the Indoor Championship will go to the top five teams of each division. East and West divisions will be determined by size of roster and will be set after receiving any roster changes reported prior to the Diocesan Meet.
EVENTS, AGE DIVISIONS, MEDALS:
Refer to age divisions and events sheet. The peewee division will be a non-scoring division. Peewee runners can be moved up only to fill one novice relay and as long as there is one legal novice on that relay already. Runners in other age divisions can be moved up one division only and only to fill out a relay team (more than one) and again as long as there is one runner of the higher age division on the relay.
In the first two meets, medals for each race will go to the top five finishers in that race. This will be for relays as well as individual races. All peewee runners will receive finisher ribbons. In the final meet all peewee runners will receive medals; medals will also go to the top six finishers in each race for the other age divisions.
The Ragazzo 1000 meter run is open to junior and senior boys and girls. It is a point scoring race with a trophy going to the first place boy and girl finisher. Special medals will be awarded to the 2nd through 5th place finishers. There will also be a special trophy race held in the CYO St. Anthony's Classic meet. It will be the bantam boys 4 x 100 relay. The race will be for the Morris Pasqual trophy which goes to the boys on the first place team. There will also be special medals for the runners on all teams finishing first through sixth place.
The 400 medley relay in the first track meet will be a three-runner relay (200 x 100 x 100) run in 2 sections only, one for any combination of novices and bantams (e.g. 3 novices, 3 bantams, 2 novices/1 bantam, 2 bantams/1 novice) and a second for any combination of junior and seniors (e.g. 3 juniors, 3 seniors, 2 juniors/1 senior, 2 seniors/1 junior). It is not however a coed race. Runners can be entered into this event as the meet is progressing to accommodate no-shows and as a point scoring alternative to a single jumper. It is still necessary to advise the Meet Director (John Bennett) when you make any change like this to your day of the meet entry form.
ORDER OF EVENTS:
1) STANDING LONG JUMP RELAY (PEEWEE, NOVICE)
2) LONG JUMP RELAY (BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
3) 4 x 200 RELAY (BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
4) 4 x 100 RELAY (NOVICE, BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
5) RAGAZZO 1000 METER RUN (JUNIOR or SENIOR)
6) 800 MEDLEY (NOVICE, BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
7) 4 x 50 RELAY (PEEWEE, NOVICE)
8) 400 MEDLEY (NOVICE/BANTAM, JUNIOR/SENIOR)
1) STANDING LONG JUMP (PEEWEE, NOVICE)
2) LONG JUMP (BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
3) 4 x 50 RELAY (PEEWEE ONLY)
4) 600 MEDLEY (NOVICE ONLY)
5) 800 MEDLEY (BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
6) 200 DASH (ALL AGE DIVISIONS)
7) 400 RUN (NOVICE, BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
8) 55 DASH (ALL AGE DIVISIONS)
9) 800 RUN (BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
CYO ST. ANTHONY CLASSIC:
1) STANDING LONG JUMP (ALL AGE DIVISIONS)
2) 4 x 50 RELAY (PEEWEE ONLY)
3) 4 x 100 RELAY (NOVICE, BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
4) 800 RUN (JUNIOR, SENIOR)
5) 600 RUN (NOVICE, BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
6) 300 RUN (NOVICE, BANTAM, JUNIOR, SENIOR)
7) 55 DASH (ALL DIVISIONS)
All final results will be based on time where there is more than one heat needed except for the 55 Dash where there will be qualifying heats.
We will run the girls followed by the boys in each event. However when the number of entries allow, boys and girls as well as more than one age division may be combined into the same race (scored separately).
- No member of a high school track team is eligible to run in any CYO track meet.
- No child is allowed to participate in more than one event.
- Long jump relays consist of minimum of two jumpers and a maximum of four jumpers.
- All races of 200 meters (one lap) or more will be run in staggered lanes for the first lap with the following exceptions:
- No peewee events will be staggered.
- The 600 meter, 800 meter and 1000 meter runs will not be staggered.
- The novice 300 meter and 400 meter runs will not be staggered.
- The 300 meter run (lap and a half) will be run entirely in lane (except novice).